For the full article click here.
I\’ve been coming back and forth to Philippines since I worked in SG. Been to several airports here in Southeast Asia. I realized, we are totally behind our neighboring countries. Not a hint of world-class standards and appeal, when Department of Tourism is promoting our country globally. Don\’t tell me not to compare blah-blah. I remit my hard-earned dollar and pay taxes. I have every right.
Please take note that almost all of the major airlines are stationed in that terminal. Meaning every foreign visitors passes through this rabbit hole. Ask anyone who\’ve been in some country (that has nice airports) they would be in awe and the comparisons would start. We should want that admiration as well. Something we could proclaim our own and stand unique among the rest. This is one way of boosting our tourism too. In one way or another it helps.
Here\’s a list of things to ponder for NAIA-1:
- Is there anyway that the travel tax and terminal fee be eliminated? What is it for anyway? I know we OFWs are exempted from this but what about the others.
- To build an actual space for the Duty-Free shop and to have more variety of duty free goods.
- Isn\’t it having shops inside also means income for the airport?
- Well sanitized toilets please.
- Comfy lounge and waiting areas.
- Some employees are downright unprofessional. I don\’t know if any customer-service seminar could do a remedy for this.
God Bless NAIA…