Action packed, blood splattering, testosterone induced, brawn, guns, hard-core gym muscles and punchlines all packed into a dream team of action stars. I\’ve grown up knowing some of the guys because Dad is an action film fan may it be Pinoy, Chinese or American. Up until now actually, I remember getting him an external memory disk. He asked my sissies to fill it up with his favorite action movies. Teehee 😉 Actually the above shown team are lacking with a Steven Segal and Jackie Chan.
My initial thoughts when the movie was starting, \”Gahd I wasted $11.50 for some noise pollution of guns.\” Turns out, it\’s just the icing of the cake. I found myself laughing at their \’moments\’ and soft side. I also found myself flinching and shouting (which 65% of the watchers does) due to blood splatter from multiple gunshots and fight scenes. Take note, I\’m entertained meaning I was able to laugh at the \’punchlines\’ even if 75% of Stallone\’s face has no evidence of twitching or contraction. Story-wise not as complex as it seems to be. I wasn\’t able to watch the first so I\’m not sure if there\’s any connection/significance from the first movie to this prequel.
All of them has their moment:
- Stallone- Barney Ross is the leader of the gang. He\’s a leader with a heart. Really! Don\’t let his looks, skulls and physique intimidate you. He\’s the foundation of this expendables without him they\’re nothing. He\’s a great example of a leader.
- Statham- In his oozing maleness and appeal his weakness: a WOMAN. His on-screen girlfriend.
- Schwarzenegger- Is this his comeback movie? Swabeng panggulo.
- Norris- Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris. Amidst the facts, jokes and more facts. He\’s the Lone Wolf that joined that pack.
- Li- I wish they kept him longer in the film. Of course he never failed to amaze me with his martial arts.
- Lundgren- His vulnerability showed when his love interest is not interested with him at all. He looks serious but some of the comedic antics came from him. Unexpected really.
- Van Damme- This is the first time I saw him as antagonist. It suits him. The dead pan/heartless facial expression and monotone Russian-like accent. The role is made for him. I\’ve remembered because of his high kicks. He still has the kicking shizzles.
- Willis- Isa pang panggulo. Una galit kay Stallone, tapos sa huli makikijoin sa party. Ano beh! Gulo mo kuya.
- Couture- da who?
- Crews- When I see him all I could think of is White Chicks. I\’m really impressed with his ripped body for his age. I thought his veins are going to explode when he was pulling apart the compartment door in the airplane scene. His softie-ness was shown while cooking his food and asked the question \”What would you like to eat before you die?\” I swear I thought \”Thousand Miles\” will be played in the background.
- Liam Hemsworth- The younger brother of Thor (Chris Hemsworth). The pretty boy, sniper and heart-breaker. He broke my heart when his character died early-on and left behind a French girlfriend who works as nurse. I thought the movie has finished when he died. Calling Miley Cyrus! Please don\’t break his heart.
- Nan Yu- I wish they gave her more kick-ass fight scenes that could justify her claim that she doesn\’t need to be looked after.
Photo Source: thatfilmguy.net